Successfully building a pool, requires a great deal of experience, communication, and planning. At Minke Avant-garde we have over 30 years of experience in the industry and we always work closely with our clients, to achieve the design of their dreams.
This gallery explores the steps of our experienced Master Builder, as he brings to life incredible pools.
1. Excavation:After the designs are drawn up and the site is lined out, we can commence the building of your pool. We start with the excavation and soil removal phase. This usually requires machinery to makae the job quicker, and the cost of this step is determined by ground conditions and access specifics.
2. Infloor Cleaning:If in-floor cleaning is being incorporated into the design of the pool, then we insert the plumbing after excavation since it sits underneath the pools shell.
3. Formwork:The amount of formwork is determined by the pool design and finished levels in relation to existing and finished ground levels. The formwork can be extensive at times, or as simple as a top spray board.
4. Steel fixing:The structural steel or “bones” of the pool is installed as per pool specific engineering design. Structural steel is inspected by an independent building surveyor to ensure the frame is compliant before we move onto the next stage.
5. Primary shell pool plumbing:The internal shell plumbing and any necessary hardware are installed and pressure tested before the concrete is poured. Hardware includes skimmer boxes, main drain, light buckets, spa jets and all pool hydraulic provisions.
6: Concrete: When we apply the concrete, we use a method called shotcrete application. Our highly trained tradespeople spray the concrete at 32MPa and cut it into shape, to create the “body “of the pool shell. This method means the concrete has superior density because of the pressure when spraying the concrete.
7. Secondary plumbing to plant area:At this stage, all pipework is run to final pool equipment location. This includes all of the light cables and any control wires. All of our pipe work is stood up and thoroughly pressure tested to ensure its ready for the pool paving slab to be concreted.
8. Pool finish:The internal concrete finish is then applied. The finish may be fully tiled or a render based internal finish, it depends on your budget and aesthetics you're after. This image is a great example of the care that we put into tiling a pool to meet our high standards.
9. Equipment on:As we draw closer to finishing the pool and handing it over, all of the pool equipment is installed in preparation for my favourite part of the process- the filling.
10. Fill her up:My favourite part of the building process is when the pool is being filled up. We use either tap or spring water ready for chemical balancing.
After initial chemical treatment, the pool is ready for a lifetime of fun!
If you are interested in a quote or have any questions, feel free to get in contact below.
For more information on the quoting process, click this link.