A visual run through of the pool construction process.
1. Excavation: After the design is completed and the site is lined out the excavation and soil removal takes place. Machinery used and cost of excavation is determined by ground conditions and access specifics.
2. Infloor Cleaning rough in: Under shell plumbing is completed if infloor cleaning is being incorporated into the design.
3. Formwork: The amount of formwork is determined by the pool design and finished levels in relation to existing and finished ground levels. The formwork can be extensive as pictured, or as simple as a top spray board.
4. Steel fixing: The structural steel or “bones” is installed as per pool specific engineering design. Structural steel is inspected before concrete placement by a building surveyor to ensure compliance.
5. Primary shell pool plumbing: The internal shell plumbing and all harware to be cast into concrete is installed and pressure tested before concrete placement. Hardware inscludes skimmer boxes, main drain, light buskets, spa jets and all pool hydrauilc provisions.
6: Concrete: Concrete is shotcrete application,sprayed and cut by highly skilled tradespeople. Concrete is sprayed at 32mpa and cut to shape to create the “body “of the pool shell.
7. Secondary plumbing to plant area: At this stage all pipework is run to final pool equipment location. Includes running of light cables and any control wires. Pipe work is stood up and pressure tested ready for pool paving slab to be concreted.
10. Equipment on: All pool equipment is installed in preparation for pool fill and commissioning.
11. Fill her up: Pool is filled with either tap or spring water ready for chemical balancing.
12. Bombs away: after initial chemical treatment and water balancing the pool is ready for a lifetime of fun.